From:
Ann Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 10:40:19 -0400
CROW Jackie <[log in to unmask]>

Was asking about ferrets getting carsick:

Yes they can.  When I brought Little Iodine and Sluggo home last summer,
Sluggo had the brains to sack out in his hammock and sleep the whole way up
the NJ turnpike, through NYC, CT and into MA, Little Iodine stuffed herself,
jumped around a lot, then barfed all over the place.

She did that on a couple of short car trips, and frankly I was despairing
from being able to travel with her and show her.  I ended up not including
food in her carrier, confining her to a small carrier to prevent her from
jumping around and evenutally the problem stopped.

Now she has half a brain and sleeps the whole way, as the rest do, without
getting sick.

I never noticed if looking out the windows caused her to feel ill, but
moving around sure did!

Ann