From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 14:17:39 -0500
I called the vet to see what type of distemper and rabies vaccine they use.
They told me Fervac rabies and fervac distemper.  When I arrived they told
me Imrab rabies and fervac distemper.  (I have read that fervac rabies can
be sickening to ferrets, so I was happy to hear they use imrab rabies.)
Well, one of my ferrets, the dark coated female sable, 1.5 years old, began
very sick vomiting and having diarrhea.  I took her to the vet and she
received a shot of benedryl and became better after about 30 minutes, but
she wqas still having some sickness.  A couple of hourse later I am giving
her pedialyte and she is doing better, but she is tired.

so, if the vet was right, and my ferret did recieve fervac distemper and
imrab rabies vaccinations, then folks should watch out for sickness

i recommend waiting at the vet's for at leaast 15 minutes after a ferret's
vaccine.i know i willl from now on!

[JI]