From:
John Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 11:50:55 -0700
Hi All,

I think the best way to summon a deaf ferret is to thump your foot on the
floor, if it is wooden, or use a hammer to bang on to the concert ones.  Do
this while your ferret is in sight and not looking your way, see if he'll
turn around to look for the vibration he will feel.  Then wave, or whatever,
and give him a treat.  All animals are on alert for usual vibrations, mostly
the ones with the poorest eyesight.

So this should work.  But I don't have a blind ferret, but it works for
those of mine that can see.

- John Watson - And the Fantastic Five: Mudfoot and Ollie, and the new guys:
   Zoe, Alya and Durk.