Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2008 19:48:27 +0000
Hi everyone, thank you so much for the words of encouragement for Mr.
Ferret (Someone Loved Me For An Hour).

While each and every ferret going to the bridge for whatever reason is
hard, we have been particularly saddened with 15 special ferrets having
left Michele and I at South Shore Ferret Care only since January 1st.
Time after time we cry and agonize for each one. While it is easy to
say that "time heals all wounds" with Mr. Ferret's passing, Goliath
from Ohio's unexpected departure and Zelly's journey of yesterday
afternoon, we are beyond grieving, we are numb.

Some people have 15 ferrets in a life time, we have had 15 leave us and
more than 25 still with us.

We actually have made contact with a pet grief counselor to help us to
deal with all the ones we have lost as well as the ones who will leave
us in the future. This way we can stay motivated, focused and help
anyone in need. (Thank goodness Oreo LuvU is still with us, doing well
and is learning to manage a sturdy ramp in a multilevel cage, watching
him adapt gives us hope!)

I have heard from nice ferret folks near and far, an actually world
wide. We have received a donation from a wonderful Aussie Gal from
"down unda" as well as some folks from the United Kingdom asking how
they can bid on the many items we have placed on eBay to help Fight
for Justice for Mr. Ferret and pay for the care that his little
brother and little sister need.

Among available items are special limited addition Ferret Faces
Greeting Cards. There are 24 of them in each set and are on heavy card
stock with envelopes included. The picture on eBay doesn't due them
justice, they are truly wonderful. Our special friend & ferret dad, Joe
Tabbi came up with this idea, sorted through hundreds of pictures of
our shelter ferrets to select and donated the costs of printing them.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250234828065>

Also offered is our Famous Dry Dook Soup. This special blend has extra
goodies added to it to help your ferrets feel fit everyday and is
especially helpful to ailing ferrets to maintain their nutrition and
weight gain, older ferrets enrich their bodies everyday as well as
post surgical ferrets for a quicker and fuller recovery.

We have several items ranging from Plain Jane type bulk containers to
fancy Ferret Faced Boxed Sets and Multi Level Spice Rack styles. While
there are many, many recipes for duck soup not everyone has the time
to grind up chicken parts. This is a good soup for those late night
evenings when a ferret is sick and you need to get some good stuff in
'em quick. It's a great dry soup to bring with you to the vet and to
be given when they wake up from surgery as well.

Please check out all the listings to help us Fight for Mr. Ferret and
"Henry and Sissy" as well as the generous bedding set that Rose German
(our hero!) has placed on eBay for us as well:
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250235447135>
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250235446383>
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250234839547>
<http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Pc-BLUE-FLAMES-bed-Ferret-cage-Bedding-LFFR_W0QQitemZ140223098612QQcmdZViewItem>

Sincerely,
Diane Wall & Michele Paulhus
South Shore Ferret Care

PS. For anyone in the New England Area, We are sponsoring a Ferret
Health Care Day and Ferret Rabies Vaccination Clinic on April 19th
(Saturday) from 10-1 at the Randolph Animal Hospital, 400 South Main
Street, Randolph, MA 02368. Come Join Us! Oreo and Mr. Ferret's
Brother and Sister will be our guests...