From:
Ferret Nook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:30:01 -0600
I have had Greyhounds in my home for over 20 years and yes, they live
quite well with the ferrets.  If you go to a reputable Greyhound Rescue
that tests their dogs to see if they are "cat friendly" you shouldn't
have a problem.  And like any new pet brought into the household, take it
slow and easy.  Where people get the wrong impression is, ALL Greyhounds
chase small animals - this is a misconception!  Each Greyhound is an
individual, just like our ferrets are individuals and misconceptions that
all ferrets stink and bite are not necessarily true.  I have a 10-year
old Grey, Buck, that when he's out around the ferrets, he basically
ignores them and stays away!  Our other dog, Norman, is a Lab mix and
I definitely won't let him out around the ferrets - he looks at them
behind his Plexiglas door like hey, let me at them!

Greyhounds are one of the best dogs I have ever lived with and I will
always be owned by one.  They are "45mph couch potatoes" and just as
comical as our ferrets - I think that's why they have captured my heart
because they remind me so much of a ferret's personality!

Kathy Fritz, Executive Director
The Ferret Nook Ferret Shelter
Cambridge, WI 53523
(608) 423-3315