From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 17:38:52 -0400
Yes, Anonymous, it would be WONDERFUL if everyone aided thanked those who
help them with information.  I suspect you'll still do so as will we, but I
find that perhaps 1/3 of the people for whom I put in an average of 30 to
40 hours each week looking up things ever take the 2 minutes it requires to
write those special words, "Thank you!" Some on folks, we ALL know better,
don't we?  Sorry, but it just feels really good when people work hard to
hear some gratitude.

Enough nagging,  This will be more interesting:

OH, and apologies for how my letter yesterday sounded.  I was on the
whatever-number day of a horrid ragweed headache/sinus ache/eye ache, and I
was really NOT in good mood remembering the person who tried nagging me to
say what I didn't know or believe, or finding out that there is something
nasty, petty, childish, backstabbing, and just plain idiotic going on in
part of AOL which is designed to create problems for Modern Ferret --
things having been put there which are of questionable legality.  If anyone
I've helped over the years buys into that garbage on AOL then I have
overestimated you, but am still glad that I helped your critters even if I
am disappointed in you.  Nor am I happy today to see that this lunacy with
people for whom Bob would have choice words is getting blown up enough that
the New York Times today (page B2) is telling the world that ferret people
have no senses of humor.  Hey, ferret legislation has been hurt before by
people getting others to believe that we are "whacko"; so do we REALLY need
this humourless label?

Let's get it together, folks!!!  Make SURE that there is accuracy and that
there are retractions when there isn't since that keeps ferrets safe,
especially in health related and legislation related things.  Let people
have their own tastes whatever those are.  Do something CONSTRUCTIVE so you
can be proud of yourself; ignore the nasties since, frankly, THEY ARE NOT
WORTH YOUR PRECIOUS TIME.  That's blunt, but it's real; most everyone here
is just too good to get caught up in such things and really should TELL the
people who create things like the AOL clap trap that fact.  I trust in you,
folks!