From:
Ron Nickels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 17:35:50 -0500
After the hurricane Fran left our carpet soaked, we pulled up the carpet and
pushed our furniture to one end of the room--not realizing that we created a
ladder for LOKI to make it up to the cockateil's cage.  When we returned
home we found nothing but a few feathers in the cage.  LOKI had slid the
door up and removed most of the evidence for dinner.

Both pets belonged to my 12 year old son Dylan and I really didn"t want to
be the bearer of the sad news.

When I told him what we found, his eyes teared up and mournfully Dylan
said to me "I HOPE HE DIDN'T CHOKE ON THE BONES!!

We niow have two more fuzzies, Phaedre and Phrixes, rescued from the flea
markeat at the NC Fair grounds.  No more birds, Thanks.