Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 02:45:17 -0600
As those of you FMLers know, things have been pretty hectic at my house
lately.  In the last 10 days, I had a bowel-resection, we adopted four new
fuzzies, and Stella developed a urinary tract infection.  Needless to say, I
have been pretty tired, so I fell asleep on the living room floor last
night.  (I do it all the time, but I want some sympathy....)

Tori must have felt forgotten during the last few days, and decided to wake
me up by licking my ear.  (This is an SO description; I don't dare turn my
back on her, but she's honest) I slept through it.  So Tori decided to do
the "lick-lick-chomp" to my thumb.  I still slept through it.  She went
after my toes, and I moved them, but didn't wake up.  All the while Ann is
chuckling, waiting to see how long will take for Tori to get her way.

After trying for some time, Tori jumped up on the couch and climbed up to
the arm.  She sat there a moment, then leaped straight out into space and
plopped flat on my belly.  Needless to say, that woke me up.  She
bottle-brushed, dooked like crazy, then sprinted off to hide under the
hutch.  We measured the distance, 2ft 10in to the top of the arm, and 4 ft
3in to the middle of my belly.

About 20 minutes later, Tori repeated the leap, but this time she landed on
top of Bear, who looked just as startled as I did, but he reacted faster,
and chased the white streak all over the living room.  When she jumped, she
looked just like a flying tiger, all stretched out with mouth open, and we
heard an audible "woooppff" as she landed.  If she keeps it up, I'm going to
have to figure a way to stop it, because I'm slightly paranoid about broken
or dislocated limbs.

Her new name is "Tori, the Fantastic Flying Ferret".

Bear once did a similar thing trying to get into a curio cabinet, but
smacked the glass front and slid to the floor.  He immediately climbed back
up and tried it again, this time leaving a moist nose streak as he slid
down.  The second time was the cure.

BTW, Stella is much better, has decided to like her food, and bit me the
last time I gave her a shot.  She is still having a hard time keeping warm,
so she is living in my research library (OK, a bedroom with books and files
and the new Mac) with the temperature brought up to 80 degrees.  She has
also been sunning herself under a 60 watt lamp.  Boy, is she spoiled.  I
devised a devilishly clever ferret straight-jacket by sewing velcro strips
to a sheet of light canvas.  I roll her in it so only her head shows, and go
to work.  We used a piece of red and white striped material, so she looks
like a peppermint stick.

Thanks all....

Bob
Moose, Stella, Daye, Tori, Bear, Apollo, Foster, Buddy, and Razz.
Tori says, "I am not a flying ferret.  I'm Underdog!"
Moose says, "Shouldn't that be Underferret?"