From:
Katrina Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2008 18:39:11 -0700
Hello to all. I am looking for some information from other ferret
owner's that have been through Insulinoma and Adrenal disease at the
same time. Let me tell you a little bit about Vinnie. I rescued Vinnie
and Bruno about 2 years ago. Someone dumped them at a pet store. They
stunk of cigarettes, were covered in fleas and scabs. They couldn't
sleep for the scratching. Neither one was used to being held but got
over that quickly with me. We lost Bruno to cancer last year (in lung
and around heart) I felt like a piece of me went with him. We are
estimating Vinnie's age around 7 years. In March Vinnie was diagnosed
with Insulinoma which we have kept under control with Prednisone. But
now two weeks ago he was diagnosed with Adrenal disease also. He
received his first Lupron injection on Wednesday. Here is my debate: I
have heard and read that with Insulinoma if you do surgery that it will
come back in 6 to 10 months and more aggressive than before so I am
worried if I should put him through the pain of surgery at his age with
this factor. To those of you that went through with the surgery could
you let me know (through email so we don't tie things up on here) how
things went and what to expect. Also I am curious about what the cost
was for the surgery and also the cost for the Lupron injections. I
have an estimate from my vet but am curious if this price is the norm.

Thank you so much in advance for any help and information I receive.

Katrina (owned by 6 ferrets and 4 cats)