From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 23:18:53 EDT
Hello all ~

Ling-ling continues to grow each day.  I can now handle her without
gloves, and touch her from behind with absolutely no startling.  She is
very, very active and has one speed - zoom!  I've yet to have her out in
the room and have her stop and take a rest, so after 4-5 hours I put her
in her cage.  She quietly dismantled her sleep sack last night, but has
Tina's sleeper she can use.  She snuggles way back in it.  She has also
discovered that wonderful escape mechanism known as "THE TUBES".  She
runs around in them like she owns them, and nobody can get to her in
there she feels so safe.  She has taken to stashing all of her goodies
in there and Calvin is ever so grateful because he doesn't have to work
to do his own stash.

She has 5 new friends, 3 adult cats and 2 baby kitties.  Strangely enough
Sarah who likes nobody has taken to her.  Sarah is the big black cat that
guards Tim!  She loves playing with Tygra and Gracie, the babies, in the
afternoons and has her own cage in the kitchen.

She has a new outside cage made of redwood and bunny wire.  It has an
overhang and is always in shade.

She has discovered she can slide in and out of the bean box and likes
it, as well as the bigger paper box.  She can jump very high and is
recognizing that when I clap my hands together it's anything goes.

She is the only ferret I have ever had who can run down a ladder and it's
a riot.  She jumps the last 3 rungs.  This is a little ladder we had for
Houdini to get down from the kitchen chair when he aged.

No matter when my feet hit the floor she is right there -- radar-- mommy
afoot lol!!!!!  Then it's all about the pants legs.  No fettishes as yet,
but then she's got a long way to go.  She smells a bit like Jazzy, a bit
of narcissius smell.  Her tail poofs really big every thing she is
playing with me, looks like a bottlebrush!!!

She's had kisses already but hasn't learned to snuggle beyond being
content in my arms as we travel upstairs and downstairs.

That's about it for now.

Warmly ~
Mary C