From:
Jacqueline Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 13:58:17 -0700
If my ferrets could talk, much less channel voices from beyond the grave,
they would not talk as if they were illiterate.  (My ferrets are very
bookish, especially when it comes to knocking them off shelves.) My
ferrets, if they could talk, wouldn't channel voices because they don't
believe in an afterlife.  My ferrets, if they did have an afterlife, would
be way to busy hunting mice and chasing down gopher holes in the Dooking
Hall of the Ancients to think about their earthly lives.

The point is that this stuff is all a projection of our selves.  Yeah, I
think the Skeeter stuff is a bit schmaltzy.  But I am not going to
criticize anyone who is comforted by it because losing a ferret is awful.
It hurts.  The mode doesn't work for me, but I admire the compassion of
the person behind 'Skeeter.'

Live and let live--the FML is a great resource, and more power to the folks
who make it happen!