From:
Jacqueline Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 11:19:19 -0600
We have a flock of feisty, playful, silly ferrets.  (The kind that make you
think they could survive for about two minutes in the wild.)  We also have
mice in the walls...I'm reluctant to put out poisons and traps because of
the pets.

Could the ferrets be asked to earn their keep and drive out the mice?  I'd
like to talk to anyone who has tried this with ordinary pet ferrets.

The house is on a raised foundation, so that there is a 3-4 ft high crawl
space under the house.  The crawl space has one door and no other exterior
access (sort of like a 3-ft high basement).  I am thinking of leashing two
ferrets and setting them INSIDE the 10-foot long, mouse-infested interior
wall (there seems to be only one wall with the mouse problem).  There is
one electric box in that wall, but no other interferences, according to the
blue print.  Has anyone tried something like this?

A less ferret-risky possibility (but mildly weird) would be to put some
ferret poop in the wall, on the assumption that the odor would scare off
the mice.  Has anyone tried this?

Thanks!
J.