From:
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2002 03:22:26 -0400
Hey Tracker.  First let me start by saying I'm sorry you are going through
this.  Skin Cancer is not something to totally worry about.  I've seen it
3 times in shelter ferrets here.  1 was Bandit (our 1st) and when he came
to us his cancer was in the advanced stages (
www.ferretaid.org/bandit.html ) he passed on due to other complications
that had nothing to do with the skin cancer and as you can see by his
story (if you have followed the link) his cancer was *very* bad.

Usually removal of the tissue is curative.  We also have a kid with us
right now who has most toes and one ear positive for cancer.  Removal of
his cancerous tissue is impossible if we want him to still be able to
walk and function normally.  However, it doesn't seem to bother him at
all and he is playful and very healthy otherwise.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for your little one.

Much love & fuzzy hugz

Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society