From:
Chuck Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 11:04:10 -0500
>"From:    "A. ANCHIETA" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret Reference, 8in1, New Addition

Hi All,

I was just watching CNN and saw a short ferret reference.  They were doing a
story on the woman (didn't catch the name) who wrote "In the Deep End of the
Ocean"(something close to that title anyways.).  At the end of the piece
they said that she still had time for her brood and, of course, her pet
ferrets.  They showed a picture of her feeding her ferret a treat in the
kitchen."

I saw this segment as well... they actually showed three shots of the
ferrets within about a 2-3 minute piece - two shots of them on the floor,
one in their cage (though this last wasn't as good) - about 20+ seconds of
fuzzy airtime on CNN!.

The author in question is one Jacquelyn Mitchard, and the book referred to
is indeed "The Deep End of the Ocean".  (references at
http://www.independentreader.com/books/bp0032.html

While the book has nothing to do with ferrets - and neither really did this
piece on the author - it DID show the ferrets in a very favorable light
vis-a-vis their being pets - simply by not making a big deal about it and
showing them very naturally.

BTW, add to the list of stolen property - PINECONES.  My wife has several
pine cones arranged on the decorative stack of wood in the living room.
That is, until the ferrets come out and take them away again.  Repeat as
necessary.

  Chuck, Amy, and Alex Staples
   with Drew, Ty (Weasel Patrol),  Cam & Janney (Less Active Cats)
   [log in to unmask] - 73624,[log in to unmask]

    http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/CJSTAPLES/
      Someday not just another lame web page! - Send me fert references!

    I am ferret of Borg - "Persistence... is fert-ile!"