From:
Maggie Mae <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 00:43:00 EDT
Hello Everyone,

Well, I have decided to stay out of the ongoing fray because I am stuck in
the middle of a big mess myself.  OK, so mostly out of the fray.

I don't know if it is the moon, the water, la Nina, el Nino or what, but
frankly I am getting tired of dealing with it.  In the past week or so, I
have been told by loan companies that my alimony isn't income for loans.
If I sign over my car, I can get the privilage of loans at 22.5% interest.

This is after finding out that since the ex is on the mortgage (again
because the alimony wasn't good enough, big enough yes, good enough no) and
on the title because of the mortgage, he AND his wife have legal claim to
the property.  Yes, I know what to do to fix that (and am thinking about
fixing him) and it is in the works.

Since I sat out one semester at school, I now have to reapply for admittance
to the University.  Absurb.  Never heard of such a thing.  And Mizzou still
argues that the said alimony that I pay taxes on does not qualify as income,
and if I don't have income, owning a house, or car in the state does not
make me a resident.  Can we say triple the tuition?

And honestly, I am tired of some of the crap on the fml.  Some folks like to
agitate, fine, let them try.  Ignore them.

I think the biggest experts are not anyone who has this degree or that
degree.  I have met some pretty sorry excuses for vets.  Why?  Because
they have no feel for the animals they treat.  And sorry, as far as I am
concerned, if you don't understand them, you ain't an expert.  No matter
what frequency you post, or what titles you have behind your name.

Some of the best gems for ferret keeping I have gotten off the fml are from
folks who rarely post.  Regular everyday ferret owners who not only love,
but have an empathy with the animals.  If that doesn't exist, no amount of
any kind of training or working with animals is good enough.

And just for good measure ;-) , be sure and support Modern Ferret.  There
are several things I love about this publication, and one of them is the
fact that they always have something by "new" folks in each issue.  Their
competition seems to be imitating them, even with centerfolds.

Speaking of which, all you warped and demented folks should love the next
one.  Yep, I have an issue in my hot little hands (got an early one for some
strange reason hint hint) and the centerfold is absolutely hilarious!!!!!
OH NO!!  KENNY!!  hehe.

So if you see some newstory tomorrow on a demented Missouri woman, you know
what happened.  I am heading off to Mizzou yet again to yell at folks.  Tax
bill in hand.

Mo' Maggie
Miss Pookie (they won't know what hit 'em)
Miss Stella (don't they know about Southern broads and their attitudes?)
Miss Natasha (I could learn a few things from Ma for my commando training)
Conan the Toebiter (I am just grabbing the popcorn and heading for the fox
hole)