From:
Stephenie Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 12:33:39 +0200
>You should have asked! :-)

Hi Linda

its probably a good thing I didn't, I might have turned tail and run, LOL
But as you say, probably once it's all done, we will most likely start
thinking about the next one

Thanks Stephenie

Stephenie writes:
>>He would leave the nest when old enough and would mate with a ferret
>>from another nest; the gene would then be filtered out.
>
>Nope.  If it was recessive to whatever what inherited from the mate it
>would just be hidden below whatever dominant genetics came from the mate.

Woops, ok Sukie you got me on that one,LOL, but my point was really, that
nature would not reproduce this gene dubbed by having siblings mate, Ok
it might happen as an accident, if say father and daughter ran into each
other, but then the gene would be strengthen and the kits would probably
have the white stripe and be deaf, their chances in the wild would be non
existent, so mother nature, if left to her own devises does clean up some
of the mess, Its interference from us that makes the mess that can't be
cleaned up

Stephenie