From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:50:05 -0400
Dear Ferret Folks-

**WHAP!!**

That was my smacking hand. Wanna see it work again?

**WHAP!!**

I thought I'd seen pretty much everything that the FML had to offer
in the way of aberrant behavior..(lord knows I've made a hefty
contribution, there over the years),.but nooooo..we've found a whole
new way to be dysfunctional. We are now fighting about the argument we
ARE NOT HAVING.

NOBODY is currently fighting about how to feed ferrets, raw or kibble
or macrobiotic or the cabbage soup diet. Don't believe it? Look at
yesterdays post. No raw feeders bashing kibble feeders. No kibble
feeders bashing raw feeders. But there are plenty of people complaining
about the raw vs. kibble war we are having, and how much they resent
the war's tactics.

Once upon a time, we did have a raw vs. kibble war, and it spun out
of control, and got personal. And it had to be nipped in the bud. It
dragged on day after day after day. It was a pure relief when BIG said
(very polietely) "Enough, already." It was *not* a draconian exercise
in smothering free speech. And nobody is standing in the way of your
expressing your opinions, now. If you will look over the last weeks
FML, one person asked that we don't re-start the subject. In all
fairness, it was not phrased as politely as it might have been. Such
is the nature of e-mail communication. And every day since, we have
discussed the subject. Where is the censorship and gnashing of teeth
that people are complaining about? *Your* complaints are getting
published, aren't they? Those complaints about how we aren't allowed
to talk about the things we want to... while talking about them.
NOBODY IS CENSORING YOU.

Nobody is bashing you. The ugliest bashing over the last week was a
clear-cut personality clash between two people. It is OVER, now. We are
*talking* about raw vs kibble, and doing so civilly. Information is
being exchanged, and our knowledge base is being broadened. This is
what the FML is for. This is what it does best. If you really want to
give it a kicking right now, put your foot where it belongs...right in
the argument over how terrible it is that we are not allowed to re-open
the raw vs. kibble subject...while it is being actively debated over
the heads of the folks saying it's terrible that we aren't allowed to
express ourselves on the FML.

(Pant pant pant!) There is no war, so stop fighting it, Skippy! Maybe
ask an intelligent question about raw vs kibble, instead.

Alexandra in MA