From:
bill and diane killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 19:41:32 -0500
>From:    Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Barbara Ludt's entry on the FML Shelter List
>
>People are speculating that Barbara took Ben to get the attention from the
>AFA, but that seems unrealistic, don't you think?  The people in the AFA
>know Ben's story, and Barbara could hardly expect them to give her credit
>for caring for Ben when everyone knows Jackie is the one who nursed him
>back to health.

That wouldn't be unreaslistic unfortunately.  The AFA is not always a well
run organization.  Hopefully their new officers will not be hamstrung by
those that have left visible offices but still retain all the power.

Lori Barber with the AFR is however one of the very brightest stars in the
AFA.  Hopefully she will now check very carefully into the case before
publishing an article.

>From:    Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Ben and Jeremy
>
>How could this happen?  Ripping these ferrets from the only loving home
>they've ever known is inhumane.  Were they being abused?  Not being
>treated properly?  Left in a cage to die?  What reason could there be that
>directly involves the ferrets?  Is this in the best interest of the boys?

The law doesn't treat ferrets as beings with rights.  No.  No.  No,  None.
Of course not.

But someone with more money can almost always win in a court of law.

>From:    bill and diane killian <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Zen's opinions on Ben and Jeremy
>
>We try not to pick sides in disputes.  We eagerly await Barbara's side of
>this issue as so far she is not looking to be "the good guy" in this.  We
>hope she can justify all of this.

So far we have heard from others but not Barbara.  There has been no
justification of what transpired.  Just ridicule of those who were offering
their explantions of Jackie's side.

We do not have much interest in whether a Florida judge could be convinced
to sign an order but rather WHY such an order was requested.  A judge would
not take into account the feelings of the ferrets as ferrets do not in
court have a voice.  We want to know WHY Barbara wanted to rip the ferrets
from Jackie's home.  So far all accounts have shown no malfeasance on
Jackie's part.  No neglect.  No abuse at all.

Why?

We have not decided that Jackie is absolutely right but no one has shown
where she is wrong.  We have not decided that Barbara is absolutely wrong,
but no one has offered a reason that she is right.  Those who wish to
support Barbara in this should explain why exactly she thought it was
necessary to use force of law to seize these ferrets.

Why?

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets