From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 01:16:12 -0400
I have been lurking for a couple of weeks but now I have a couple questions.
I have heard of folks using tote-bags to tote their ferrets around which
sounds like a great idea but what do you use as a litter pan??? I have been
searching hardware stores etc. looking for the "right" receptacle only to
come up empty-handed (either too small, too large, sides not tall enough
etc..). I would appreciate any ideas and please be specific (like at what
store did you get it).   Also: at what age do ferrets generally stop growing?
I have an almost 4 month-old neutered male that weighs about 2.25lbs. Is he
going to get much bigger?  Also, since I live in CA I had to get my ferret
from a pet store in Reno,  Nevada. They said he came from a ferret farm in
Canada but I can remember the name. Has anyone heard of this place or know of
its reputation? "Oskar" is a black-eyed-white with some black guard hairs
down his tail and lower back. Aside from being apparently stone-deaf he
appears healthy and fairly robust. He is my first ferret and I'm still
learning but this list has been a great help. Thanks.

                                                      Lili (and Oskar)