From:
Joy Lenay Kerin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 20:50:57 -0500
I was wondering how much *my* stress effected my ferrets.  I know that
their stress can bring their illnesses out into the open and speed them
along, but from what has happened to my ferret home in the last month, I
would have to say that *my* stress has sped along my ferrets illnesses.

Until a month ago, it was a year since I had a ferret pass away.  Without
going into to much detail, a month ago a tremendous amount of stress was
put on me.  Since then, my Meeko (6 years old) died from liver failure,
Tookie (7 years old) died from kidney failure, and Buzz (9 years old) died
possibly from minnie strokes.  I had an necropsy done on Meeko and Tookie
and both of these problems were ongoing (not acute).  I did not have one
done on Buzz but from his symptoms the vet believed it was mini strokes
from blood clots.  I do have one more ferret Pongo who is presently sick.
I know that I have been lucky to go a whole year without a ferret passing
away, but three in three weeks is a bit unusual, and it's still touch and
go with Pongo.  Has anyone experienced anything like this before?