From:
David Welch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 1996 22:50:21 -0700
Well next week I will be moving out to Michigan.  I was wondering if people
out there on the list who live there could let me know what kind of things
are going on out there, ferret shelters, adoption places, any FerretCons and
things like that.

Also, I was wondering what people's experiences are with moving ferrets.  I
will be driving my car, it's about a 10 hour drive.  I was going to put them
in a smaller cage that I have which will still give them plenty of room and
they will have a litterbox in there as well.  Water would just spill, as
would food, so I am going to give them stuff at every rest stop and snuggle
'em so they aren't too freaked out by the whole thing, as well as having to
adjust to a new home.  I know not to leave the windows up n all that, but I
was wondering if, in case it were necessary, if people think or have had
experiences where, a mild sedative would need to be used in case they really
freak in the car for some reason.

My girls are pretty calm in general so I dont think its necessary at all and
I dont l ike medicating them at all unless they need it, but I was wondering
if it may be a good idea simply as an added safety precaution to have
something with me?  I'm assuming that I won't need to and they should be
fine with attention every few hours at the most, but wanted to hear other
people's experiences with longer moves.

Thanks!
Dave Welch
Rune "Play with me! C'Mon! Playplayplayplayplay!" Ferret
Helen "Imma softee, gimme snuggles" Ferret
Ceridwen "C'Mon, make my day." Ferret