From:
"Marlene B., Richmond Ferret Rescue" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:35:01 EDT
Gordon, I know you must mean well by loving Kodo, and that you will miss
him.  But Please don't let him linger and suffer and starve to deah.  He
deserves better.  Sometimes it is hard for us to let go of a friend , and
we don't want that burden of choice to end their lives, but my God, if
the ferret can't eat, drink, is suffering, has "a throat full of cancer".
why isn't he at the vets????  No sub-q fluids?  No supportive care?  Are
you just hoping he'll die quietly so you won't have to deal with this???

He won't die easily.  And he's starving to death.  Please, Please,
give him a gift of love, take him to your vet, have the vet assess his
condition and let him go if he's in that much pain.  I know you love
your ferrets- I've seen how you care for them, but by God, if this is
the way you show your love, you'll never adopt a ferret from RFRL.
Turning your back on a suffering animal is no way to show love.  He'll
linger, and slowly starve, I hope to God he goes quickly for his sake.

Marlene B.
RFRL
www.rfrl.net