From:
Jamie M M <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 12:43:27 EDT
Hello,
I'm a Registered Veterinary Technician and have read this aritcle and
several articles like it.  What one particular distrabution company is
doing is taking legit packages of advantage and frontline and filling
the used tubes with medication made for foreign countries or, even worse,
with a totally different product all together, such as OTC meds like
Hartz (shudders)!

The makers of Advantage and Frontline, Bayer and Merial, will ONLY sell
their products to veterinarians.  They will also honor their guarentee if
you buy their product through a veterinarian.  The makers will pay for
any vet bills if your pets get sick.  If you buy the products through a
distributor like a pet store, or online, they will not.  Those products
are accquired illegally.  Please only buy your products through your vet.
Most vets if you find it cheaper will match the price.  They counterfit
products are so cheap because most are from overseas.  Distributors will
buy them illegally from other countries and repackage, or just sell them
with the foreign languages!  So please, don't buy from online retailers
or pet stores.  Our fuzzies deserve the very best!

Dooks,
Jamie M. R.V.T.
Mom to Tazz-the big boy, Mica-the little princess, Lilah-demon eyes