From:
Mustela Putorious <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2007 04:23:55 -0700
Musty Pete Checks On Peanut & Sam

Sam & Peanut made it safely across the Rainbow Bridge and have settled
nicely into the Rainbow Bridge community. Peanut arrived first and was
welcomed at The Bridge by some of her mates who came here before her.
Pebbles and Precious took her home with them and made her feel
comfortable and welcome. She has found her niche up here, and she
wanted me to tell you that when she stood at your feet looking up at
you, she was most often thinking, "Hey Mom! Pick me up!" She sends love
and ferrety kisses back home and says she misses everyone. And she
always felt bad about that first bite, she was just nervous....she
didn't mean anything by it. [I think she winked at me when she said
that!]

Peanut met Sam at The Bridge when it was his time to cross. He was so
happy to see Peanut. Sam was a bit nervous at his crossing, even tho'
he had been told about The Rainbow Bridge, he didn't really believe it
existed until he came here and saw it's splendor for himself. Peanut
said that Sam stood there with his mouth open for so long, looking at
the flowers and the huge rainbow that spanned the bridge, she asked him
if he needed a drink or something...finally he snapped out of it and he
had a million questions for Peanut. "Who runs this place?" "Where am I
going to live?" "Can Mom see us up here?" "Can we see her back home?"
Peanut had to ask Sam to calm down, then she brought him to me so I
could answer his questions. When I first met Sam he was a bundle of
energy. He wanted me to let you know he still enjoys climbing and has
discovered the trees beyond The Meadows. Perfect for climbing AND
launching or hurling himself into the lush beds of wildflowers. You can
hear him shouting "WooHoo!" as he soars through the air. I took both
Sam and Peanut to The Pool Of Remembrance so they could look in on you
at home. They were both happy to see you and very happy to know that
they could check in on you anytime they like...it helps newer arrivals
with those feelings of loss and of being home sick. Sam said he felt a
bit like a secret agent, spying on you like that. I told him he wasn't
'really' spying as much as he was checking in. And I assured him that
he could check on you anytime he liked. Peanut took Sam home to the
cottage she now shares with Precious, Pebbles and 2 other ferts named
Wanda and Felix. Sam claimed his corner and his hammie and as he
settled in, Peanut went off in search of a bag, a REALLY BIG BAG! It
took a lot of searching, but finally she found a bag in the storage
room at the Community Center. Francis Ferret explained that long ago
a fert named Chips had brought the bag with him from home. Chips had
long since traveled on to The Great Beyond when his owner crossed The
Bridge, so she told Peanut she was welcome to keep the bag if she
liked. I think Francis was happy to free up some extra space in the
storage room by getting rid of the big plastic bag. I wish I could have
seen Peanut lugging that bag home. She said it took FOREVER and when
she was within shouting distance of her cottage she began calling out
for S11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111am to come
help her....of course her cries fell on deaf ears as Sam was snuggled
in taking a nice long nap in his new hammie. Poor Peanut tugged and
pushed and pulled that bag all the way to their front door. Sam was
certainly surprised to see that bag when he woke up, but he couldn't
thank Peanut just yet as she had exhausted herself dragging the thing
home and NOW she was sleeping. Sam played in the bag and waited for
Peanut to wake up, when she awoke she joined him in a 'tug-of-war' type
game, no one really wins or loses, they just have fun playing the game.
As evening fell, they safely tucked the bag away to play with another
day. Peanut served up some home-made 'Duck Soup' and a raisin tart for
dinner. Peanut and Sam talked long into the night about home, mostly
about you and the things they missed the most until they tired and fell
into a peaceful slumber. They both send their hugs and kisses home to
you, they are happy up here and both are content to wait until one day,
they will see you again.

You can request a Bridge Greeting by writing to: [log in to unmask]