From:
rebecca klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 08:11:08 -0700
Several items to discuss here!  I'll try to make it short.

First, Val...I know it's hard to have a baby with adrenal cancer.  The
urge to "Operate, Operate, Operate" is easy to succomb to, in the hopes
of giving your baby more life.  You've heard it here before, it's YOUR
choice.  You know your baby better than anyone.  Surgery is not always an
option.  Consider all the facts, and all the consequences before you opt
for surgery.  It may very well be the correct option, but be sure.  I have
a 4-5 year old albino that has adrenal tumors.  I've opted AGAINST surgery
because my baby girl is doing very, very well and I refuse to slice and
dice her and choose instead to give her the best holistic therapy I can.
She's very energetic, very active, even though she's totally bald.  I
know her better than anyone and it's my choice.  She's living and has
lived an amazing life with me since I rescued her two years ago.  Believe
me when I tell you that I've gotten more then enough heat about MY choice.
But I'm secure in it.  Surgery or not, Val...take in the facts and choose
for yourself. :)  I wish you luck.

Secondly, I had a LOCH NESS MONSTER incident on my terra cotta planter
pots, too!  I finally had to resort to making my own homemade stencils.
They turned out great and I've sold several ferret pots/crafts on Ebay
for funds for shelter surgeries/rescues, etc.  I can email my fellow
loch ness monster-sighter pics and directions on how to make these
stencils if you'd like!

Also, we're moving to Montana!  I've found one shelter there so far but
it's 8 hours away from where we will be living (it's in Shepherd) and I'm
wondering if there are any more in that state?

Regarding the purchasing of pet store ferrets in an effort to rescue them.
I've done this ONCE and it was an extreme situation.  One passed away
(Wyatt) and two went to fabulous forever homes.  I do not run around and
do this as a general rule and I received plenty of slack for doing it
(mainly from a very interesting person at a ferret shelter in Washington).
But like I said, I do it on a case-by-case basis.  The pet shop I
purchased these three from was subsequently fined and I'm using that
incident to further the shop's demise.  I agree with Heather W.  On this
one...it's not to be done regularly.  The Supply/Demand scenario wins
every time.

Thanks for the ears!
Jax