From:
Julie Thornton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 10:11:44 -0700
Hi all you wonderful folks -

     (Raising hand and waving in the air) I've got a question!

At KFA, we microchip almost every ferret that goes out the door, and we
often have to vaccinate against distemper when a ferret comes in, because in
most cases, they aren't current on vaccinations.  All this adds up to a
number of used syringes!  I've been taking them with me whenever I go to the
vet or whenever I find anyone who has one of those needle receptacles - but
I think it's really a much better idea if I find one for myself.  Anyone
have suggestions on where I might do so?  I understand there is a fee for
removal of said waste, which will undoubtedly be a strain on our little
shelter - but I'd far rather deal with that than one of my children or
fuzzies getting into the upper shelves somehow and pulling down the used
syringes!

BTW: If anyone is interested, we did purchase a huge shipment of AVID
microchips, and we've been pleased with how easy it is to 'chip ferrets,
not to mention the peace of mind that comes with knowing that if your pet
is ever lost (we've sold quite a few to folks with dogs and cats), it will
be traced back to you when found.  The cost for one of these microchips is
only $7.50!

All the best -
Julie @ KFA