From:
Chris VonSeggern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 24 May 1994 15:41:28 -0400
To the person who suspects ear mites:
        A while ago, Scooter had some brown stuff in his ears that my
friend the pet wizard and I both thought pointed to ear mites. When I took
him to the vet (for something else), she also suspected ear mites and took
a sample for the lab.  The result was not ear mites, but yeast.  I
remember a post from Dr. Williams (I think) about the yeast in ferrets'
ears getting out of control sometimes.  The vet who saw Scooter gave him
some eardrops that cleared the problem up in a couple weeks.

Something else funny happened the other day:
        Scooter is currently staying with a close friend until my landlord
can come look at the water damage in my apartment caused by a pipe break
in the apartment above me.  Apparently, the day after I left him, she took
Scooter into the bathroom with her so he could run around in there while
she took a shower.  He did his usual pooping in the corner and overturning
the wastebasket, then peed in the corner.
        Now here's the part I couldn't believe.  Jenn says that when she
went to wipe up the urine, he stood in it, bounced around a little, the
ROLLED IN IT and looked up at her with a "So what are ya gonna do now,
huh?" expression on his face.  Jenn, being the animal person she is,
simply bathed him and didn't let him get a rise out of her, but I was
absolutely stunned when she told me this story.  He's been fairly defiant
with me, but he's NEVER tried anything like that.

Chris and
Scooter, the Furo Without A Cause