From:
Natalie Cornish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:49:19 -0400
Hello all,

With all the sadness on the FML the last few days, I wanted to share
something silly that happened the other day.  Thinking about it still
makes me laugh!

Recently our plexiglass fert room door was broken by our excitable puppy,
so the ferts haven't had much out-of-the-cage time until we find a
replacement.  Hubby felt bad for them so he had a "great idea." uh oh.

He put the baby gate up and tipped a card table on its side so that they
would have to move the table to get to the gate.  "Ah Ha!" he says,
"they'll never get past that." ya right.

Katie, our tiny 1 pound wonder, moved the table enough to slink between
it and the gate (and thus opening the way for the other two).  She scaled
the gate like a pro and was off!  I looked up from my reading in the
living room to see her slithering across the office floor.  "Loose
Ferret!" I yell to my hubby.  Methos, the puppy is close behind Katie
sniffing away.  "What is this?" I can see his little mind saying.

I drop my book and chase after.  Puppy and ferret take off, slipping and
sliding across the adjoining kitchen and around the corner to the dining
room.  Katie is dancing and dooking away "ha ha ha!  I climbed the gate
mom!"

Silly girl.  I caught her and fixed the improv door so that no one else
could get out.  Methos is still wondering if he really did see a snake
with fur.

Natalie and the furry snakes
Katie, Lyssa, and Joey AND Methos the puppy
Waiting at the Bridge: Mittens