From:
BriteMeado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 11:15:32 EST
Hello all!  I am new to the forum and have been reading the last several
posts about ferret hunting, I'm still not sure if it's illegal to use
ferrets to hunt in the US.  Is it totally prohibited, or can you hunt game
animals and not vermin as Kaye last said.  Why would that be?  Many farmers
in this area would love to use ferrets to drive out "vermin" because of the
dangers prairie dogs holes pose to their livestock!  We have movements in
this country of people who totally oppose killing prairie dogs and want them
located somewhere else if they have to be removed.  Of course they never
offer THEIR back yards - send them out in the country!

Why would ferret fanciers oppose using ferrets in the job they probably love
to do?  I would think they'd be happier doing something like that then as
being only pets.  Am I totally off base here?  I'm not trying to offend
anyone just am curious.  I have never owned a ferret but have had a lot of
contact with other peoples ferrets.  What's the general consensus out there?
Thanks in advance for your response.