From:
Mike Bostrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 18:01:17 -0500
Howdy,

I never really named my ferrets, they pretty much named themselves.
Insanity, for example, was named due to his extremely mischievious nature
causing his owner to suffer from fits of neurosis.  Of all my ferrets, he
is the most likely to get into, under, on top of or through whatever he
sets his mind to.  And if he can't, just wait a couple days and he'll
figure it out.  Such things can easily push you one step closer to the
insane asylum.

Disturbance was so named because that's what she does, disturb things.
Nothing will go untouched by her.  And you can't do anything without her
sticking her little nose in it, especially sleeping.  She enjoys nothing
more than to disturb me from a nice deep sleep and dreams of Claudia
Schiffer.  I found out later that Disturbance could be shortened to Turbo,
and it still fits her.  When she's not asleep, she's usually just a brown
blur, especially when the front door opens.  If it weren't for the poor
aerodynamic qualities of fur, I'm sure she could break the sound barrier.

Ricochet earned his name because of his ability to repeatedly bounce off of
things with no regard for his personal safety.  He's like a self-propelled
fuzzy ping pong ball.  Off the wall, to the couch, off the coach, off my
foot, off the chair, into another ferret, back into the wall.  And with
each time he hits something, he gets even more excited and bounces off the
next thing that much harder.  It makes me glad ferrets only weigh about 3
lbs and not 30!  I wouldn't have an apartment left.

Ka-Boing!  got his name in much the same way as Ricochet.  He loves to
bounce all over the place like he's got a spring in his butt.  But, unlike
Ricochet, he exercises a little more caution and doesn't blindly bounce
into things.  He's just happy jumping in the air.  And he's so enthusiastic
about it, I had to add the exclamation point to the end of his name.

Conniption was a little harder to find a name for.  I recently got her as a
special needs foster from the Washington Ferret Association.  Her official
name is "Coco", but that really doesn't fit in with the rest of the crew.
I was afraid they'd make fun of her for having a silly name.  So I had to
come up with a name that fit her personality and at the same time went
along with her official name.  After noticing the little fits she has when
she doesn't get what she wants, she was dubbed Conniption.  She's like the
little kid who tries to hold her breath until she gets what she wants.

Sometimes their names are obvious right away, and sometimes it may take
months before they show me their names.  The most common name for a new
ferret at my place is "No Name".  But eventually they get sick of me
calling them that and tell me their names.

May your ferrets be properly named,
Limejello & The Weezils of Doom
http://home1.gte.net/wrenched

Washington Ferret Association