From:
"Bryan P. Coffey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 10:28:39 -0400
Hello all!
I'm back from my Scotland honeymoon and now ready to get to work on the
SECOND EDITION of the Ferret Poem Book (Trumpet fanfare here).  Today I
will be sending out 176 e-mails to members of the FML to ask for permission
to use their poems, songs, and stories in the second edition of the FPB
(Ferret Poem Book).  It will look like a form letter (because the first
part is), so please don't delete it.  Watch your mailboxes and please
respond (even if negatively so I can cross your work off of my list and
not bother you anymore).

The first edition was a quick pass search through the archives.  This time
I downloaded the entire archive records and I think I have found ALL of the
poems, songs and stories dating back to the beginning of time (issue #1 of
the FML).  Remember that this book is solely used for fundraising for
ferret shelters.  I know that it works, since I have had many e-mails from
shelter operators telling me about donations that have been coming in.
You can download the first edition from my ferret's webpage at
http://www.gis.net/~bpcoffey/furball.html
along with the standard cute pictures of ferrets dressing up for Halloween
and Christmas.

Don't worry, it's not too late to have new work included!  I am planning
on a release date of November 1, 1999 (in time for the holidays), but I
will keep adding new material until just a few days before the final date.
If you have any songs or limericks or stories rattling around in your head,
write them down and post them to the FML soon.  I could also use some
line-art sketches for the new pages.  Any casual artists out there willing
to contribute some black & white sketches?

I'll keep everyone posted as the date of release gets closer, and remember
to watch your e-mail boxes for a chance to include YOUR work in this ferret
saving e-book (picture of Ed McMahn here).

Bryan Coffey
http://www.gis.net/~bcoffey/furball.html