From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 14:09:00 EDT
>My name is Tookie and I'm deaf.  Even though I'm deaf, I can still read
>and I'm hear, I mean, I'm here to tell you that I'm a little upset about
>that post that says ~ and I quote ~
>
>>For any of you on FML that do not have a deaf ferret-consider yourself
>>lucky.  Think twice before taking in a deaf little one.
>
>What the heck is up with this???

I for one appreeeeeeciate the firm realistic viewpoint from the individual
you are quoting.  I have many deaf ferrets and dedicate myself to helping
others with deaf ferrets.  Although I loved the creativity of your
response, and although I feel the same on every level...... Many people
are not "up" to special needs ferrets.  And there is nothhhhhing wrong
with that.  Being realistically warned about the down side of deaf ferrets
and what can many times develop is a great thing.  The more people are
realistic, educated and warned...the more prepared they will be and the
better ferret owners they will be.

Thank you to the individual that wrote such a striking letter to the other
side of deafness... but also thank you to Tookie for the counter opinion.
Neither are wrong. :)

Wolfy
Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on deafness and ferrets:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/deaf.html
take a peek at upcomming "so you have allergies":
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/allergies.html