From:
Gladys Arbiol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2001 08:46:29 -0400
Hi all:

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about a ferret toy - I believe
it's called a Wiggle Ball.  It's a plastic ball (like the little ones they
sell with the bell inside) with a little rubber ball inside, and when you
roll it on the floor, the ball inside makes it keep wiggling.  Well,
imagine my surprise when I woke up one morning and there were little rubber
pieces all over my ferrets' tent.  One, or both of them, managed to pry the
plastic ball apart (there are two halves stuck together) and then chewed on
the little rubber ball inside!

I watched them for a few days to make sure the were pooping, and eating
and sleeping normally, which they were.  This was about a month ago, and
they are fine.  I don't know if they ate the rubber or just chewed it
off...after all, rubber tastes yucky when you're used to being spoiled
with raisins and treats!

Anyway, I just wanted to warn everyone about this toy...at least supervise
your ferrets' playtime with it, and don't leave it in their cage.  Our
ferrets are smart, determined little buggers!  And watch out for mechanical
pencils with the little erasers on top...they're very easily snatched from
a pencil cup or pocketbook, and the eraser comes out much too easily -
making a nice addition to the loot pile!

Gladys, Sam & Pichu