From:
Lisa Whittleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 17:04:55 -0700
Hi.  I have a few questions that have been itching to be answered.

One: Has anybody ever tried Cat's Milk with their ferrets?  It's a product
that comes in a little cardboard carton and it's 98% lactose free with
added Taurine.  I gave a little bit to my ferts and they LOVED it.  But I
don't want to give anymore before I asked all you knowledgeable people if
this is a bad product to give them.  I thought of even watering it down
but any thoughts?

Two: One of my ferts (a silver mitt boy) is 6 months old and weights 4lbs.
He is gaining weight steadily and although he gets plenty of exercise he
is getting bigger by the day.  He loves to eat and I only give him treats
when he does something really good.  People have recommended giving him
Shepherd's and Greene lite formula but the problem is that I have other
ferrets with him, none of who are this large.  I also don't want to ration
the food.  Any ideas of what I can do?  Anything would be appreciated...

Three: Does anybody's ferret love cat scratching posts?  I work in a
petstore  (That never gets ferrets!  Why not you ask?  I want to know
myself!) and every time I bring my ferrets in to get pampered by coworkers,
they climb all over our scratching post display, scratching away as if
there is no tomorrow.  I don't have carpets in my room so maybe they are
being deprived ...  I brought home a little cat teaser which is a piece
of carpet about 5in. x 5in. with this toy that bobs up and down and they
spend so much time scratching this teeny piece of carpet when I brought it
home only for the bobbing toy at the top.  Do they like carpet this much?
Should I invest in a good scratching post?  Is this good for them (like for
cats)?

Four: Is there such thing as a 365 days a year calendar of ferrets?  If
not, there should be and I'm very interested in looking into getting a
local calendar company to make one if I had that many pictures...  So, if
I found out there isn't one and a company is willing to make one, would
people be interested in sending me pics of their ferts?  I really, really ,
really want one cause I adore these types of calendars and I'm sure all of
us would want one.  How great would it be for a shelter to have one at
their front desk?  Wow I sound like a commercial ...  ANyways, send me
your responses personally if possible.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Lisa