From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 07:42:11 -0400
Kevin
Please give your roommate a big hug and kiss from me.  Well a warm
handshake and pat on the back if you prefer.  :-)

I very much enjoyed and appreciated his letter.  We ferret lovers often
feel we are fighting our battle alone, but we share much in common with
owners of various breeds of dogs.  I would guess that far more locations in
the US have "vicious dog" bans, often based on breed instead of behavior,
than outlaw ferrets.

So fellow FMLers, when you see your town, city, county, etc, hysterically
calling for a ban on certain breeds of dogs because one mistreated,
mistrained or abused animal attacks someone, fight it as hard as you would
if it were a proposed ban on ferrets.  Because it is the same
misunderstanding and misinformation that we all have to combat.

Linda Iroff
Oberlin, OH

Support the Ferrets Unlimited/Raisin Retreat Ferret Shelter by visiting