From:
Kimberly Sharp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 14:06:36 -0400
First of all I would like to thank everyone that emailed me and offered
help with the shelter!  Any help is greatly appreciated! :-)

Second....I need to announce that in the last few days I have had two
ferrets turned over to me that were found here in Blacksburg.  One of
them was found almost three weeks ago, but the owner was never found.
The second ferret was found yesterday morning near some townhouses.  She
is thin and looks quite young, but is otherwise healthy and eating.  I
haven't seen her act like a ferret yet....all she's done since she got
here is eat and sleep.  Poor thing was worn out!  If anyone on this list
knows of someone that has lost a ferret recently in Blacksburg, please
email me!!!  If I haven't heard from the owners by 7/20/00, I will assume
that the owners no longer wanted them and they will both be available for
adoption.

>I have an attack ferret named Chocolate.  She is cute and playful most of
>the time but if someone other than me squeaks a certain toy she turns into
>a demon.

Don't worry, you're not alone!!  I have two ferrets that react the same
way to squeaky toys.  Some ferrets just can't stand certain noises or
smells and the only way that they know to react is to bite whoever or
whatever is causing it.  My best advice is to throw away the squeaky toys!
That's what I had to do!!  Good luck!

Kim Sharp
NRV Exotic Animal Rescue/Shelter
http://www.geocities.com/nrvexotics/