From:
Georgina Barratt-See <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 17:36:56 +1000
Hi, my two ferrets, Tabitha and Endora, first reacted with utter shock and
incredulity to my singing (and it wasn't just because it was bad either).
I certainly find that after that initial:

"My goodness, what on earth is that human doing???"

response from Tabitha and Endora, they now ignore my singing, except for
those piercing high notes that nobody in the neighbourhood can avoid!!  (I
should add at this point that I learn opera singing).

They definitely like the recorder, though their experiences with the
keyboard are somewhat dodgy.  To emulate other wonderful FML poets:

Hi I'm Tabitha
I'm named after a witch
That's because I
am a mischievous little wretch.

I love to climb,
and soon figured out,
that if you went diagonally up the aquarium holder
You'd get to the aquarium spout.

Unluckily for me,
Mummy stopped me there,
But if she hadn't
There'd be no fish in my lair.

If I continue to go,
Across the way,
I end up at the keyboard,
and there I have to stay.

If I crawl on the keyboard
and want to give Mummy a fright
I turn it on and get
This great beat in the middle of the night.

That scares me silly
And I look at Mummy too
As if to say I didn't do that
Mummy, I blame you!!

The persistent beat at night
and notes ring out
And I'm not always popular
When I'm out and about!

Georgina Barratt-See
Secretary/Clerk
for: Philip Mitchell MB BS, MD, FRANZCP, FRCPsych,
Professor,
School of Psychiatry, University of NSW;
Administrative Director,
Mood Disorders Unit,
Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, Australia.

Postal address:
Room 107, Clinical Sciences Building,
Prince Henry Hospital,
Little Bay  NSW  2036,