Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:57:33 -0500
First of all, I want to thank everyone for their emails and concern -
if nothing, it helped me feel better.

Today, I called the Southwest Florida Branch of the Department of Fish
and Wildlife Law Enforcement Division and they went out today to the
Pet Supermarket store to investigate. Also, I emailed Pet Supermarket
corporate and received an email back from them this morning telling me
that the health and safety of their animals is a priority and they will
be sending a district manager to check on the store and how all of
their animals are being taken care of. I was also assured that the
sick ferret did receive veterinary care this morning for an upper
respiratory infection. However, the ferret is still at the store. I
went in this afternoon to check on the fuzzy and it was up and playing.
It still had the nasal drainage, but had come back to life.

Sadly, I could not afford to buy the two baby kits at the store, but at
least I was able to give the one kit a fighting chance. Even if all I
did was scare the store into taking better care of it's animals in the
future to avoid further investigation by the Department of Fish and
Wildlife and their corporate management. If it is meant to be, these
little fuzzies will come home with me somehow. Until then, I'll keep
popping into the store and playing with the little guys until they find
good homes.

Thanks again for all of your help!!

Kristen and the Sunny Bunch
Sparky, Snickers, Frito, Skittles, Rusty and Precious
www.myspace.com/mysticserenity