From:
Melissa McDaniels <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 02:14:58 EDT
How many of can honestly say that we aren't easily amused?  Really?  ~
Now that I've thought about it the ferrets are usually up to something
that I find amusing (wheather they do or not is another story in
itself...)  My case in point... I just spent the last half an hour
watching Minky Boodle try to get the last two raisins out of the little
raisin box.  She's the only one in the house that eats raisins
(personally I think they look too much like dried up bugs to eat myself)
Anyway I buy them in the individual tiny boxes and there were two stuck
to the bottom so I tossed it on the floor to see what she would do.  I
must have watched her push that thing across the carpet for twenty
minutes before she knocked them loose.  She'd think to put her paw on the
box to hold it still, but her paws aren't long enough and once she got
her head close to the box she'd have to let go and use it to keep her
balance.  She finally got them though and the pathetic thing is that not
only was that probably the most enjoyable moment of my day (it's been
another rough one) but I also took pictures of her doing it.  I have
almost as many pictures of the two of them as I do of my son!  (now all
I have to do is figure out what I did wrong when I hooked my scanner up
so I can scan them into the computer to share!) The girls at work are
starting to get burnt out on ferret pictures.  (Though everyone loved the
one where Minky Boodle looks like she's drinking out of the straw of a
super size McDonalds cup... )

Anyway I guess it's good to have those moments of simple pleasure,
sometimes that's all it takes to make the big things in life seem more
manageable.