Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2008 11:29:13 +0000
HAH!

I went to look at Georgia and Peanut today, and for the *first time*,
I saw Georgia move a little bit! She was in the act of turning around
in a circle to dig a more comfortable groove into her shavings. Then,
I think she realized that I was watching (Caller I.D.) and she closed
her eyes and dropped into the shavings like a rock, and lay completely
still.

She breathed softly in. She breathed softly out.
Repeat.
Repeat.
Repeat.

But now it's too late, I have SEEN HER MOVE! Only for an instant, it is
true, but as Gallileo is reported to have said to the Holy Inquisition
about the movement of the earth relative to the sun, "E pur, si muove!"
(Even so, it does move.)

Peanut snuggled deeply into the middle of his mother's fur circle and
yawned hugely, stubby little snout raising toward the ceiling as he
did so. Well, you know what happens when one guy yawns. Georgia tried
mightily, but she could not suppress her own yawn. Her snout wrinkled
and her lips folded back. I saw *fangs.*

All right. She is not a mechanical maternal hot water bottle, there
is a FERRET in there!

Alexandra in MA