From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 2009 01:14:50 -0500
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was just lying on her
lounge chair in front of her cottage, such a nice quiet day, with
gentle breezes. So peaceful, de kits were off playing with friends.
Did she expect this tranquility to last? Of course not. All of a
sudden up flew Dexter, de little boy courier, with a note in his paw.
He said, "SawaFewwet, you has been laying awound a lot lately, But the
I has a note from the Boss that a fewwt is cwossing the bwidge. You
knows how upset He gets when you don't hops to it and gweets dem wight
away. Is there anyone you want me to fetch?'

He handed me de note and I read it and I knew that I must get busy so
I sent Dexter off to get de (hopefully) requested fuzzies and I headed
for de entrance. OOPS! Dexter was right! A handsome sable fuzzy was
waiting at de entrance just looking sorta confused as though he didn't
know which way to go. So I ran up to him and introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. You will run on green grass forever and have lotsa
friends. Did I mention de fun and games?"

He looked at me and said, "Miss SaraFerret, you seem very out of
breath. Are you okay? I am Tyrone and I belong to Mum Karen and Dad
Nathan. Do you, by chance, know of them? I don't see any of my family
or friends here, are you the only ferret here? I guess you and I can be
friends. I can be friends with any ferret. Do you like run and chase
butterflies? I sure do miss my family at home."

I replied, "Tyrone, I am out of breath because I ran instead of flying.
I don't know your family, but I do know your relatives and if you are
patient you will get to be with them? Not to worry, you will not have
to run and play with only me. Yes I do like to run and chase
butterflies. I often do that with my kits. I know that you miss your
family at home, but I have a surprise later for you. And guess what you
will get a pair of wings just like mine; well not exactly--boy wings
esp. for you--dey are so great for flying about de heavens, sure beats
hopping from cloud to cloud, or running just like I did."

So off we went down de path, except dat I took a tumble over a pebble
and down I went and crushed de wings that I had so carefully preened
and fluffed dat morning. Tyrone ran to my aid. "Oh SaraFerret, are you
hurt? he asked. "Oh no, Tyrone, nothing hurt, except maybe my pride and
bent wings." I replied. So Tyrone helped me try to uncrush my wings and
sorta straighten them out. Well dey didn't look great, but passable. We
continued on down de path to de Wing House where de wings were stored.
We opened de door and on de counter was a big box marked "Tyrone." He
opened it and took out his wings--bright blue with silver tips. I
helped him put on his wings and adjusted his halo. Then he ran to de
big vanity mirror and gazed at his reflection. Then he turned to me
and said, "Gee I wish my Mum and Dad could see me now." Den I gots an
idea."

I opened de door and to his surprise were Layla, his niece and Blaze,
his auntie. He was so happy to see other NZ fuzzies that he leaped
around. But I reminded him of a bigger surprise. So we went down de
path to de Misting Pond and sat down beside de cool clear water. With
one swish he saw a vision of Mum Karen and Dad Nathan and Ash and Wiley
appear. He got so excited he started waving and dooking with all of his
might.

"I love you so much. Thank you for loving me. I don't hurt any more.
This is a beautiful place. I have wings now and soon I will be able to
fly. I found some NZ ferrets, so I have friends so I won't be lonely
here. Oh yes, one day in the long distant future we will be reunited
and we will be waiting for you."

Den he began to throw hugs and kisses and wrapped dem with all of his
love and laid dem on a nearby shooting star which was headed to your
house and by de time you should read dis it snould have landed dere.
And with another swish de vision was gone.

So we left there and all of us went down de road and what to Tyrone's
surprise, there were a whole group of fuzzies waiting for him, dooking
and dancing for joy. "Welcome to de Bridge, Tyrone." "We have a party
planned for you," Layla dooked in her quiet way. I could see de NZ Clan
had built yet another cottage as dey had outgrown de other ones. Such
a busy group. I could see food laid out in de new cottage and I could
hear music a-playing. A group of Danish fuzzies had even come over. Oh
de more de merrier. I was invited to stay and eat and dance awhile. But
I could see dat dis party was apt to go on and on and on through de
next day and night. So I gave Tyrone a hug and said my good-byes. I
knew dat Tyrone was so happy in his new forever home.

So ended another greeting at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter