From:
Lisa Whittleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 08:00:38 -0800
Hi,

I have the hardest time trying to clean my ferrets ears.  They scream,
hiss, bite, squirm ... and this is all while I'm clamping them between my
legs scruffing them to get them to hold still for two seconds.  I know
this isn't because I put the Q-Tip to far into their ear because this all
happens before I can get close to the ear!  I am out of ideas.  I tried
Ferretone in front of them, rewarding them ...nothing has worked so far.
If you have a good method of cleaning your ferts ears, please share!  Also,
I use the Shepherd and Greene ear cleaning solution.  I have heard that
some ferts don't like the smell and turn away.  What can I use as an
alternative?  Baby oil?  I hope someone can help me.

Lisa, Bentley and Cinnamon