From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Mar 1996 11:33:03 CST6CDT
O.k., o.k. enough already.  I'm so full of nervous energy I don't need soda
or coffee to start my day!  Just teasing. :-)  Thanks to all for the well
wishes and energy.

Here's our update:
Just a couple coming down with it now but the rest are healing quickly.  I
can tell cause they are fussing with each other, which is a good sign.  This
is the part after the worst where you're grumpy and ready to bite the head
off of anyone that looks at you wrong.  For two days it was very quiet and
one night everyone except Mugsy slept the entire night, something very
unusual for our home.  They were all on 1/2 cc Kaopectate once a day (twice
a day for the worst cases, 1 cc heavy syrup from a can of peaches (for
vomiting - works wonders - I knew about this for human children but Lynda
suggested it for the ferrets and we thought it was worth a try - Thanks
Lynda!), and 1/2 cc amoxi.  Those first ones were the worst but after the
med was started the next ones had a milder case and these last ones are even
milder, but still have the watery diarrhea.  By Sunday they should all be
well again.  Some type of 48 hour flu.

Now for the new addition:
Mugsy is a joy, he eats everything in sight.  Last night he had a grape.  I
like to touch him behind his shoulder blades coming from behind when he's
eating - he squeaks and jumps as if he thinks someone will take his treat
away.  It is so funny.  He's to the point now he only jumps one out of every
10 tries. :-(  Spoils my fun.  Hugs to all and thanks again.  tle