From:
Amy Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 1994 21:16:45 -0400 (EDT)

I'm sure Dr. Williams has an opinion on this, but a ferret that has a bad
odor emanating from its ears needs to be checked out by the vet. I've had
ferrets get ear infections that were not even detected until the vet saw
them.

In my limited experience with ferrets, I have heard average lifespans of
7-10 years, 8-10 years, 6-9 years, and 5-8 years. I have an almost 8 year
old now, and another who will be six or seven next year. I really think
the lifespan depends on the quality of life (MHO). The amount of love and
time you can spend with your fuzzy buddy, the quality of cat food and
treats, and the quality of housing I think is very important.

However, after almost losing two ferrets within the last month, I really
believe that your love for your pet - and they know - is the best thing
for a long and happy life.

Just my $0.02...

Amy & Dave (and their gaggle of giggling ferrets)