Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:52:19 0
Dear All,

Thank you for all your messages of sympathy and support.  They've kept
me afloat when I've wanted to drown.  Love to you all and your woozles.

For Tally

You touched your paw to my cheek and kissed away the tears
"I'll see you soon." you promised, as the vet took you
I stroked your head and called your name in theatre but
you didn't wake up
Today, we four buried you.

In a grave lined with ever-green leaves, I laid your body
I filled the grave with fresh dirt and tears
I sat weeping in the garden with a silent cuddleful of ferrets
Without you

I planted a rose bush over your grave
We sat subdued and aching
I saw you in the corner of my eye, dancing
My heart breaks

So now we four are left, missing you
The pain and tears cover everything like snow
Gently I brush them away to reveal the good times we had
We had some real good times, didn't we?

Digging in Bushy Park and praying the warden wouldn't catch us
You taught Bailey how to dig that day, remember?
Ambling along the promenade at Brighton
Stashing crisp packets in my empty boots

Wriggling on your back in fresh grass in Spring
Curled in my lap in hazy Summer
Pouncing through fallen leaves in Autumn
Driving through an empty London on Christmas Eve, just us two

Oh God, the pain of separation
Tally, when I buried you today, I buried the best part of me
We will meet again on the Rainbow Bridge
My Tally-ally, my Prince of Ferts

With our best love as always,
Susan, Bailey, Fane and Eric

       (  / \" /
        \(_  \(_   ferrets may nip, but people just suck.