Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 06:21:52 EDT
Diane Campbell of Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven, NC emailed me an update on
the lastest rescue that I posted about earlier in the week, and I thought
you all would be interested in knowing how the ferret is doing...

Shari Gunter

 ++++++++++

"Squiggles is really doing well.  With the exception of some red, tender
spots, her blisters/scalds/burns are almost completely healed.  The Epson
Salts added to her therapy water has really helped.  She is responding
well to therapy and is standing balanced for 70-75% of the time.  Trying
to run, which she hasn't mastered yet, is so cute.  To watch her little
fanny fishtail @ 50 MPHour across the floor is so cute though sad.

Squiggles has adopted a little teddybear rattle that she drags everywhere
including to bed.  She is sleeping in her bed now and only cries when she
is lonely or can't find her teddybear which she holds in her paws, curls
up around and falls asleep with.

She is sooo easy going and has met everyone in the shelter with the
exception of Meiko and Biggobig.  Her time out is shared with all but these
two.  Her in time is only when these two big guys are out.  She is learning
to play and how to be a ferret.

She will not use a litterpan but is so neat and specific in one corner.
The fleas and earmites are gone.  Her love is soooo genuine and unselfishly
given.  There is so much power in prayer and a mere thank you to everyone
for their support doesn't seem to be enough.  I hope Squiggles recovery
says it all!

We are still working with the landlord and neighbor to locate the people
who owned her.  Even though the law will only smack their hands, I think
the punishment should fit the crime.  A week in a cesspool would make
them think twice before they get another pet to torture.  No matter what
happens, I am thankful that God led me to her!"