From:
Jim Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 11:14:09 -0500
My wife took the call and asked if I wanted another ferret, I told her we
didn't really need another ferret but if one needed a home etc.  She said
thats good because she will be here in about 20 minutes.  Sure enough in a
few minutes a lady dropped off a darling little female cage and all.  Of
course I wouldn't keep a pet mouse in a cage that size.

When she is moved in with the other ferrets, I will attach it to their
cages for an extra room.  Usual story, bought it for their kid and then the
kid lost interest and didn't take care of it.  Fed it cat food, no hammock,
but she seems to be healthy and has been kept clean and had papers for
recent vet visit and shots.  So its not the disaster story some have had
with rescues.  So far I haven't found anything she will eat except Meow Mix
cat food, not even treats.  She has been with the other ferrets for short
periods and will be O.K.  in time.  She gets along with all of them one at
a time but they are still ganging up on her when they are all out together.
That bumped the count to four, all rescues, I don't know how the word gets
around that I am a sucker for any ferret that needs a home.

Will sign off for now I have to hug a ferret and sew up a nice hammock.