From:
"Eller, Candy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 19:37:16 -0800
The other day my daughter was folding laundry in our bedroom and wanted more
light than she was getting with just the mini blinds slats in the open
postition.  She pulled up the blind and that put the cord with a plastic cap
on the end on the floor.  Before she could put it up out of harms way, Misty
Ferret pounced on it.  My daughter watched her play tug of war with it until
Misty decided to take it under the bed.  This was not the right way to
go...it tripped the release and began lowering the mini blind...with little
feather-weight Misty still tugging mightly on the end!  Altho she fought
valiantly by digging her claws in the carpet, she was s-l-o-w-l-y being
drawn closer and then s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d upward until her back feet left the
floor.  As her speed was accelerating rapidly, my daughter caught her as she
clung stubbornly to the cord, even tho she was already eight inches off the
floor and climbing quickly!  Window shade - 1 Ferret - 0

Candy and Misty - "It was NOT going to take my new prize away without a
fight - no matter how high I had to go!"