From:
Heather Marie Reed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:01:53 EST
Hi everyone!  I have been thinking abhout getting a ferret for about 2
months now and have done some research on them and still would like one.
But my problem is that I am beginning to wonder what it would be like.  I
mean, on this list all I hear about is their ferrets with diseases and how
many have died and how they have to have surgery.  Is that just how the
list is coming across or do ferrets really get ill like that all of the
time and you have to take them to the vet for 300-1000 dollars???  I
really really do want one, but if they get sick all the time as it seems
with tumors and green slime then I don't think I will be able to afford
the surgery bills.  I am only a senior in high school with a part time
job and expect some vet bills, but not too many.  Please respond to me and
let me know what its like having a ferret and how often they need surgery.

Thanks a lot!
Heather