From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 08:48:00 -0700
I have some great news I wanted to share with you all.  After being lost
for 3 weeks, a.k.a. "Billy the Ferret", goes home.

Wednesday night I was on my way to see and hear a lecture by Robert Vavra,
my favorite color (specially horses) photographer, when I got a call on my
cell phone, from Pat Wright concerning my recently named Billy the Ferret
(Kid).  I had decided he could join the Closet Thieves.  I had talked to my
vet about a possible Adrenal problem.  Pat said a caller named Robert has
been missing his 4 year old, light sable, ferret named Tahoe for over 2
weeks and he lived just down the street from where I had rescued him.  He
started talking to the local kids in his neighborhood, and was surprised to
learn they knew about ferrets and the fact they are illegal in California.
From there, to the family that had originally found him to Pat to me.  He
didn't know about Ferret Anonymous in California, let alone in San Diego.
Well, I talked to him & he came over Thursday night.  I had all the Closet
Thieves out playing and he stepped over the barrier calling Tahoe and I saw
a look on Billy's face and a quick run to the barrier as Robert step over &
reached down to pick him up.  Billy immediately started kissing him.  No
doubt it, this was Billy's beloved pet Robert.

I gave Robert my vet name & number and a few other important numbers.  I am
hoping to see Tahoe again at one of our monthly Ferret Anonymous Meetings.

We all will miss Tahoe but I am so glad this story had a happy ending.

Stephanie & My Little Band Of Closet Thieves:
Spanky, Moose, SnowFlake, George & Gracie
And the Zoo:  TAZ, Dara Nin, Snickers, Monkey Inside/Out Cat & Assorted
Lizards

Sam, Claudia, & Scarlett O'Ferret @ RainBow Bridge